Nominations are now open for the 2020 Executive Elections! Over the next month, Young Liberals across the UK will be electing the Executive to lead Young Liberals, English Young Liberals, and, of course, Welsh Young Liberals! Here's all the information you need to get involved and nominate yourself for a role!
Any member of Welsh Young Liberals can choose to stand for election. If you want to check if you're eligible for a vote or to stand, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the relevant info (party membership number plus date of birth or student status).
The following positions in Welsh Young Liberals are up for election this month:
- Campaigns Officer
- Communications Officer
- Policy Officer
- Non-Portfolio Officer
You can find out more about each role here.
In order to nominate yourself you need to email Neil Fawcett, Returning Officer, with the following details at: email@example.com
The details you need to send are:
- Position/s you want to stand for
- Membership number
- A statement that you will abide by the Young Liberals election rules and act in line with the party’s Members Code of Conduct.
- You may also submit a manifesto (no more than one side of A4 - you may also submit a Welsh translation of 1 side of A4) if desired, preferably in PDF format alongside a plain text version.
- Nominations open: Thursday 1st October
- Nominations close: Thursday 8th October
- Voting opens: Thursday 15th October*
- Voting closes: Thursday 29th October
*subject to final confirmation by party HQ.
Anyone intending to stand can start campaigning from Friday 2 October.
Make sure you join Welsh Young Liberals Chatbox on Facebook, where you're welcome to campaign!
Unsure about standing? Check out this Q&A with Cllr Charlie Kingsbury, former Chair of YL, about his time on the Executive!